It is important to keep the flea population under control around your pet as it not only affects their comfort but is also important regarding their health. They are carriers for certain diseases and can infect your pets and family members. If you find a single flea it accounts for only 1% of their population and the rest of the 99% is in the form of larvae and eggs developing in the bedding. In the case of fleas, the home must be treated thoroughly to stop the infestation. You can also hire a professional exterminator for their rapid eradication.  With year-round application and monthly topical preparation, you can protect your pets from flea bites and other associated diseases. Year-round applications make sure that fleas do not attack your warm home and set up a home for themselves during winters.